Sandcrawler 75059 MOC

Pseudoty

Sandcrawler 75059 Cover Studs or Leave it be  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pics are of just a work in progress with spare elements I had. I can Bricklink the elements I need to make it look what I have pictured in my mind for $40

• Go for it you have nothing else to do with your time and money
    • Leave it alone fool you can't improve on this UCS
    • Other

Finally finished my Sandcrawler and with Jaisonline's help have already done some fine tuning to the hatches. This thing has great playability and lots of options to modify it. The pics are just a quick MOC to see what it will look like with the studs covered. I can get the elements I need from Bricklink for $40. Then I plan on adding power next.

post-31269-0-57690700-1401585023_thumb.j

post-31269-0-40263100-1401585045_thumb.j

• Like 2

Go for it! Though the Sandcrawler does have a cool look with the studs revealed, I think the build is MUCH better with a smooth exterior.

If given the choice between power functions and smoothening out the outside, I'd go for the power functions. Keep us updated!!

I think 2x4 tiles would look great and could decrease the element count needed (instead of some 1x4s)

http://brickset.com/parts/4579690

More options included more 4x4 with 4 studs, and 4x6 with 12 studs. Not completely flat but close enough.

http://brickset.com/parts/colour-Red-Brown?query=Plate

On my set, I started to use darker tiles on the small side cargo doors. I'm not a fan of the light tan color there.

• Like 1