Good deal for mindstorms?

pkieu87

Saw this on craigslist: 

Mindstorms Robotics Invention 2.0, 718 pieces

"I actually have two,  one in the box it came in and another in a tackle box.  I know it is missing the cd for the program but I am sure you could find it on the internet. $75 and you get both. "

Seems like a good deal, they said they THINK its complete (if not then most should be there)

Pull the trigger??

post-16156-0-43857000-1401249260.jpg

Saw this on craigslist: 

Mindstorms Robotics Invention 2.0, 718 pieces

"I actually have two,  one in the box it came in and another in a tackle box.  I know it is missing the cd for the program but I am sure you could find it on the internet. $75 and you get both. "

Seems like a good deal, they said they THINK its complete (if not then most should be there)

Pull the trigger??

It depends whether you have experience in technic. I went slightly crazy on nxts and technic and in the end, I didn't enjoy them as much. If you are a good builder with technic, mindstorms will be fun, however if you like to see your ideas form immediately, don't get it. I am not very good with technic and I found that I was building things several times before they worked. Building a seemingly simple idea such as a gearbox can take 2-3 hours and when it doesn't work, it will either make you work harder or make you give.

So whilst this is a good deal, if you are purchasing it for yourself, think about whether you have the patience. I guess you could part the set out on bricklink although I don't have any advice on parting out.