New Brick Classifieds Forum

Jeff Mack

I would like to know if there will be an email noticfication feature like bricklink where a potential buys be notified when a seller add a set to sell and the system will allow the seller to notify people who subscribe to that set.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Brickpicker mobile app

This will be part of the upcoming BrickWatcher feature when I release the site update.  It will include search for sets on the classifieds as well.  People will be able to enter in set numbers that they would like specific updates on, select the stores (Amazon, Kmart, Brick Classifieds) price ranges or percents off.  I was working on SMS capabilities that will allow for you to be alerted via email and text message if you register your cell number.

• Like 1

I was wondering what you expect from a parted out set like for example I would just sell the Joker steam roller only. Is it ok to use stock photos for that or will we need to build first and take a pic?

Do you have to build it, no? But you should take a photo of all the parts in their bags, bins or something.  The most basic concept that we are trying to show here is that people will see what they are actually buying.  A pictures is worth (enter whatever number here) words.  It is a great way to protect yourself from a potentially unhappy buyer that did not read the fine print as well. You show a picture.  This is what you are going to get delivered to you.  Think of yourself on the buying end.  Even though you may know exactly what it is that you are getting, I know I would feel better about my purchase if I actually saw what it is, the condition it was in.  You can include a stock photo to show that this is indeed the item you are selling, but you have to at least include one photo of what you have. I think right now that each listing is set for up to 10 photos. You can add two. One stock, one real, that is fine.  If you are going to be selling 50 of these, then just put a quantity of 50 in the listing, but you only need one photo unless the condition of some of them are different then the others, those should go into an other listings with a different condition.

• Like 1

Will we have the ability to see sold classifieds so we can gauge what a set or mini-figure is really selling for on the site. This for me helps two fold.  What to price a item at and what I can expect to pay for a item I would want to purchase.  For me the #1 reason I like eBay is that I can look up items and find out there real value. Its sort of turned into the default price guide for anything and everything.   Realistically knowing what I can expect to sell a item for by checking sold items for myself is something that is a incredible resource.  

Yes, once there is data available.  I think I slightly mentioned before that more features will appear when it makes sense.  For the first few months, the goal is to get listings and market it.  Like the price guide, as the data is there to actually give a worth while figure, you will see additions to the site that will pop up information from the Brickpicker price guide and then the values from data here.  Also, when the time is right, values from classifieds will show up in the price guide.

Would be glad to contribute, have thousands of early castle/fantasy era figs, animals and accessories, sets of same vintage and tons of trains from the last decade. New/Used complete, incomplete.  As with many I sometimes wonder if the glory days of lego selling are drawing to a close, and can understand that those of us who got in very early may wish the current market were not so saturated. So far though time only runs one way.  Though perhaps if we make right now the most excellent time in history future travelers will come back to buy our lego on the cheap, I digress.  I still think there is room for the wise and also think brick-classifieds will be a good venue for selling and buying and of most interest to me as always trading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there a time frame for BC to launch?

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/11533-welcome-to-the-brick-classifieds-open-roundtable/

Read this thread to catch up if you haven't already.  The beta launch is going to be really soon to get any bugs out and then the full launch.  There are hundreds of items to iron out behind the scenes and the creators want to make sure it's done right. 

Is there a time frame for BC to launch?

It will launch in October.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/11533-welcome-to-the-brick-classifieds-open-roundtable/

Read this thread to catch up if you haven't already.  The beta launch is going to be really soon to get any bugs out and then the full launch.  There are hundreds of items to iron out behind the scenes and the creators want to make sure it's done right. 

I couldn't have said it better myself

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It all sounds amazing and I am well up for it, so count me in! If an alternative to eBay existed, I would move to it in a heartbeat!

I have one problem though. If you apply a min number of sets as per seller. I do have a main job which takes the majority of my time and selling & investing in LEGO is one of the many hobbies I have, hence the restricted time. If you apply a min number of 30 for example, that will automatically exclude the small sellers or those ones who sell less frequently, but mainly exclusive sets like me. The major part of my sets are exclusives only and I do plan to keep them long term, so my turn over is slow and I can't just list X amount of sets in order to make it to the "privileged" group...

I prefer quality over quantity. So I would spend the time needed to make proper nice photos and description of the sets I have. I am a straight dealer, but I have the feeling the Classified will not be suitable for people like me.

The 30 sets min is just to get things going and mainly test the system. it is not meant to be a minimum requirement once things are running full throttle

Right.  The Beta will be released to a bunch of members so they can take it for a test run, mostly people with a decent amount of sets to input, experienced eBay/Bricklink sellers or the Mods.  This is not set in stone.  Jeff has an idea of how he wants to go about it.  When it launches, everyone will be welcome and there will be not a minimum amounts of sets to start a store.  One will do it.  

We are in the home stretch(Phase III as Jeff like to call it) here and I am excited at what has been done.  

• Like 1

Right.  The Beta will be released to a bunch of members so they can take it for a test run, mostly people with a decent amount of sets to input, experienced eBay/Bricklink sellers or the Mods.  This is not set in stone.  Jeff has an idea of how he wants to go about it.  When it launches, everyone will be welcome and there will be not a minimum amounts of sets to start a store.  One will do it.  

We are in the home stretch(Phase III as Jeff like to call it) here and I am excited at what has been done.  

Jeff, I like what I am reading here and my respect to all of you guys who embarked on this mission. I know how much work this involves! I will also do my best to spread the word to my friends who are into Lego (some of them thanks to me) and post on FB etc, Also I'll do whats necessarily as a seller. Post full description, nice photos and everything as it should be. As said, I will not be from the "spinners" but when I make a deal, I will look after the customer well...

On a side note, how do you guys imagine this website, would it be targeted for the US/NA mainly or it has been designed to be global from the very start?

Jeff, I like what I am reading here and my respect to all of you guys who embarked on this mission. I know how much work this involves! I will also do my best to spread the word to my friends who are into Lego (some of them thanks to me) and post on FB etc, Also I'll do whats necessarily as a seller. Post full description, nice photos and everything as it should be. As said, I will not be from the "spinners" but when I make a deal, I will look after the customer well...

On a side note, how do you guys imagine this website, would it be targeted for the US/NA mainly or it has been designed to be global from the very start?

It's Ed...LOL.  The small time sellers will appreciate the Classifieds.  Unlike the current Bricklink, a seller can do a nice job with photos and store headers to sell a product.  People who put the effort into individual listings can make a very nice presentation that will help sell a product.

The site was thought up at work when Jeff and I were BSing.  Jeff saw me using chicken scratch notes to figure out current set values and we started talking about the price guide and how potentially profitable LEGO investing is.  It was based on US data to start, because that is by far the largest market.  We later added the non-US data.  LEGO investing and collecting is a worldwide phenomena and Jeff is working on small changes everyday to make it a better site for non-US members.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It will launch in October.

Soooooo. Where is it?

Seriously, I'm excited for the new marketplace.  I have been gathering up sets to sell, taking nice photos and working on descriptions.   I will be closing/ locking all my other stores to give BC 100% of my attention for the next month or so.  The least I can do for all your hard work.

Soooooo. Where is it?

Seriously, I'm excited for the new marketplace. I have been gathering up sets to sell, taking nice photos and working on descriptions. I will be closing/ locking all my other stores to give BC 100% of my attention for the next month or so. The least I can do for all your hard work.

October just started :p

• Like 2