What Lego did you get for FREE today?

I missed out on stopping at a Gamestop on Saturday while traveling to the beach.  We passed a Gamestop today and I pulled over to stop in to see if they had any polybags left.  I asked if they had a LEGO event this weekend where they were giving away the little figures with a purchase of a LEGO game.  They said, "Sure, hold on a second."  She asked the other employee to grab a couple posters.  She gave me one Western Emmet and one Bilbo, 2 Chima online cards, and 2 posters for free and put them all in a bag for me.  She said they didn't sell many and I kindly thanked them.

• Like 2

I missed out on stopping at a Gamestop on Saturday while traveling to the beach. We passed a Gamestop today and I pulled over to stop in to see if they had any polybags left. I asked if they had a LEGO event this weekend where they were giving away the little figures with a purchase of a LEGO game. They said, "Sure, hold on a second." She asked the other employee to grab a couple posters. She gave me one Western Emmet and one Bilbo, 2 Chima online cards, and 2 posters for free and put them all in a bag for me. She said they didn't sell many and I kindly thanked them.

Man, lucky! Good job. I've only got stingy GameStops by me. Got one more to try tomorrow.

• Like 1

I stopped in 4 Gamestops on my commute to and from work today.  Picked up a total of 8 Western Emmets and 10 Good Morning Bilbo figures.  I went in offering to pay each time but they insisted they were free promos and that I can just have them.  I'm going to make a habit of stopping by every Gamestop I drive by this week to see how many I can pick up.  Even if these things only go for $10 a pop it's free money.

I got the Western Emmet and Good Morning Bilbo figures from GameStop today as well.  The first store I went to wanted me to buy a game to get them.  I said no thanks and hit another GameStop just down the street.  This one gave me them for free.  Thanks for the tip!   :victory:

• 1 year later...

I built the 42004 Mini Backhoe Loader today. This was given to me free with box yesterday by a co worker whose son is only 19 months now. It was missing only one piece. He got a whole bunch of free Lego from his buddy who got them free from someone else. He also gave me a 3818 Bikini Bottom Undersea Party with box and partly built because he hates SpongeBob. He's going to give me all the rest too ( 2 tubs full) he says because his son is too small and he has no desire to keep them. I offered to give money for it all but he won't take any. I'll keep you posted if I get the rest too.

Edited by CC-Marley

This winter I missed over 200 free Plastic Man polys by a day. The dude said he threw at least that many out the day before. Yes, I went dumpster diving... to no avail.

A few days ago I scored a freebie at TRU. V-wing was on the shelf, scanned as 0.03. Clerk's eyes went big as she radio'd a manager, who came and said they can't sell it to me so I could just take it. TYVM.

• Like 1

This winter I missed over 200 free Plastic Man polys by a day. The dude said he threw at least that many out the day before. Yes, I went dumpster diving... to no avail.

A few days ago I scored a freebie at TRU. V-wing was on the shelf, scanned as 0.03. Clerk's eyes went big as she radio'd a manager, who came and said they can't sell it to me so I could just take it. TYVM.

This makes me cry.
  • Like 1

This is a funny thread. A buddy of mine recently moved. As he was cleaning out his attic he came across his childhood lego collection. He knew I collected lego and offered a trade: I help move for a few hours for his collection. I still have yet to get through it all but there is a number of classic space,town and lego land from the late 70's to the mid 80's. I even found some of those red windows and grey wheels from the 60's in there.

• Like 4

My TRU won't sell them any longer either. I found a Chima: Worriz Combat Lair and they said sorry and kept it.

• 4 years later...

Free from my uncle. He got them on a job site from the garbage pile. Lady was throwing everything out. She just wanted her garage redone. Looks like the Town Hall will be mostly complete. Box is junk. Instructions are ok though. There are a couple of 4 numbered Fire sets, some Lego movie sets and others as well. A bunch of random sealed bags too..  

20200507_143842.jpg

20200507_143854.jpg

• Like 5

I got about 5 extra minifigures in a used DropShip and AT-OT set...turned out it was from the new Kylo Ren Shuttle set (ie KNights of Ren) and together worth about $75 (BL)...I was like CaCHING! then I started feeling bad because it was probably a mistake.

So I contacted the seller.  Long story short, his son died due to drugs and he was finally selling away his prized sets. He chose me to give the great deal on the Dropship (he had many offers) which I was absolutely floored to see the set in pristine condition w/ stickers still not applied. He chose me because I noted that I was planning to build w/ my son so he accepted my discounted offer. I ended up just buying the rest of the Kylo Shuttle set from him at about market.

anyway...it's weird how a set can have its own story. The dropship is a bucket list set so I will probably have until I can pass on to my grandkids (god willing)...

• Like 7