Selling Recommendations/Advice re "Everything"

Long story short, my wife and I are moving across the country and the amount of Lego I have is enough for a small truck...basically way too much to realistically take and the money can certainly help with moving costs.  We won't be doing this until early next year, fortunately.

I have always collected (aka hoarded) various sets and have never sold anything.

Are there any suggestions / ideas / advice of offloading a lot of this stuff, sooner than later?  I really don't have the desire to play the ebay/amazon game and even if I broke even on stuff, I'm fine; it's more of a matter of getting it out of here than trying to make profits at this point.

I can take pictures if anyone would like, but figured I'd at least make this post.

Thanks!

If you want to sell in one large lot, I would just list all at close to MSRP.  Don't try to take current resale value.  Once you factor in the duds against the EOL winners, it will probably be a wash in the end.  If you have others that are already EOL and have increased in value significantly, I'd pull those out and sell them separately.

• Like 1

If you want to sell in one large lot, I would just list all at close to MSRP.  Don't try to take current resale value.  Once you factor in the duds against the EOL winners, it will probably be a wash in the end.  If you have others that are already EOL and have increased in value significantly, I'd pull those out and sell them separately

this is horrible advice if he intends move this lot quickly. he will end up selling to an investor looking for a deal, and what you suggest will prevent him from selling.  seller needs cash and to be rid of legos.  buyer needs valuable legos for less than they are worth.  both parties win. 

I'm in southern PA, about 40 minutes north of Baltimore.  I'll put some pics up later today.

i'm close to philadelphia.  hit me up if you need help moving sets (e.g. send me a list w/ set name and include whether sets are opened or not).  while i prob can't buy it all, i should be able take an ample amount (no, i won't ask for all the "good" sets).  however, a small to medium  lot is far easier to sell than a large one.  better yet, maybe having a smaller collection that what you have today will allow you to move more sets to your new home?  just a thought.

You might just generate enough interest here to sell some of the sets. Without any fees.

exactly.  try to avoid all fees.  shipping, selling, etc...  who knows what you will find with CL as that is "hit" or "miss". 

you prob just want to move sets fast and easy without taking too much of a hit.  shipping large sets is a pain itself let alone a big lot of sets..

>@jais - oh, ok.  We head to Lewes (family there) through Bel Air and up 95 towards Wilmington/Christiana.  Whatever works!  Just the amount of stuff we need to get out of here is really crazy.  Even Bruder trucks from my son...no clue what to do w these things, but that's another story unto itself.  Amazing how spoiled kids are these days, and then, as parents, you look back and wonder why.....