Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

• 5 weeks later...

stumbled across shelf of  clearance 8 pack 880 yd of duck packaging tape for $7 at walmart tonight - looked it up and it looks like almost a  system wide deal. some stores have it for $4-5 dollar for 8 pack.  a few have it for $11.

sku: 160513255

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone in the UK know of a supplier of boxes for large sets like the Palace Cinema and such-like? Looking for something approx' 24x20x6 inches as that covers most larger sets but also allows to pad out well for slightly smaller sets. Was looking at the Lil G30 but they're too small for the slightly taller sets. Any help appreciated ;)

6 hours ago, BarryZola said:

Anyone in the UK know of a supplier of boxes for large sets like the Palace Cinema and such-like? Looking for something approx' 24x20x6 inches as that covers most larger sets but also allows to pad out well for slightly smaller sets. Was looking at the Lil G30 but they're too small for the slightly taller sets. Any help appreciated ;)

I use the Lil K30: https://www.lilpackaging.com/double-wall-cardboard-boxes-strong-cardboard-boxes

There are several folds to reduce the depth.

Altogether I use:

K30 for the largest sets (Firehouse HQ, BWE)
G30 for next tier (CLAAS, High Speed Passenger Train)
CPL45 (Krennics Shuttle, Spiderman Bridge Battle)
G10 (Poes X Wing, Winter sets)
E4 (Telehandler, Ecto-1)
E1 (Eiffel Tower, Carbon freezing chamber)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John82 said:

I use the Lil K30: https://www.lilpackaging.com/double-wall-cardboard-boxes-strong-cardboard-boxes

There are several folds to reduce the depth.

Altogether I use:

K30 for the largest sets (Firehouse HQ, BWE)
G30 for next tier (CLAAS, High Speed Passenger Train)
CPL45 (Krennics Shuttle, Spiderman Bridge Battle)
G10 (Poes X Wing, Winter sets)
E4 (Telehandler, Ecto-1)
E1 (Eiffel Tower, Carbon freezing chamber)

Cheers mate. Bought some G30's in the end, but will have a look at the k30s now as will defo need some bigger ones also. Very helpful post :)

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I now use ACS Direct and have double-walled custom-made boxes for large/medium sets and I use Staples for A3/A4 sized boxes, you'll need to call them to get a good deal. A decent 500x400x100mm and 550x350x100mm  box is impossible to find off the peg. I find that LiL quality has nosedived since the flaps no longer line up properly. I now join forces with other eBayers selling different items and buy boxes by the pallet for peanuts each.

For modulars, join forces with others on here who live close and get ACS Direct to deliver a pallet that you can split. I used 600x500x140mm (OK for Collect+) which allowed for a double-layer of small bubble-wrap and a layer of corrugated card on top/bottom. I threw a packed Pet Shop down the stairs when having a tantrum one day and it was totally unscathed.

• 3 months later...

Staples 

RECYCLE TECH, GET REWARDED.

From 11/11–11/17, gather up your unwanted electronics and bring them to your nearest Staples® store and Rewards members will receive a coupon for $10 off your next purchase of $30 or more. Exclusions apply. See details below.

Can’t make it? Free electronics recycling is available every day in store.

https://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/america-recycles-day-event/?&tid=US&storeId=10001&AID=11965372&PID=4485850&SID=882f29d8e69811e888c726bedd00fd3a0INT&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.4485850&cvo_campaign=Coupon&cm_mmc=CJ-_-4485850-_-4485850-_-11965372&CID=AFF%3A4485850%3A4485850%3A11965372&CJPIXEL=CJPIXEL&cjevent=8880f69de69811e882ce02730a240613

Guest TabbyBoy

That reminds me... Staples UK have some good deals currently along with cashback/vouchers on www. I recently had 50x 600x400x100mm boxes, 50x 400x200x100mm boxes and 100m of 750mm big bubble-wrap delivered for £58 - and I'm now VAT registered ?

9 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

That reminds me... Staples UK have some good deals currently along with cashback/vouchers on www. I recently had 50x 600x400x100mm boxes, 50x 400x200x100mm boxes and 100m of 750mm big bubble-wrap delivered for £58 - and I'm now VAT registered ?

Are Staples still trading? All the stores in South Wales seem to have changed to Office Outlets.

Guest TabbyBoy
16 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

Are Staples still trading? All the stores in South Wales seem to have changed to Office Outlets.

Yes, they are online only.