11 replies to this topic

#1 TheOrcKing

TheOrcKing

CHAIRMAN OF THE BRICK

• Moderators
  • 11901 posts
United States - US

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

Lego has just updated their "License Conflicts and Resolutions" page and it stipulates that any submitted project related to the Doctor Who property will be accepted for possible review in the future if and when it achieves the required supporter milestone. Of course this does not guarantee a single thing but given many of us now have a Back to the Future Delorean sitting on a shelf with a space beside it awaiting the upcoming Ghostbusters Ecto-1 car, the chance of also having a small Tardis does not appear to be that farfetched of a concept, does it?
Via The Brick Fan

8995464809_8b0b83bcfa_o.jpg

Tis' not what you are that defines who you are, it is what you do.
brickfolio_badge_1_8ea72254-e983-11e2-a8

Please support Brickpicker by clicking on one of the affiliated links below before making a purchase.
Amazon: USA | CAN | UK | DEU | FRA | ITA | ESP
Shop-at-Home: USA | CAN | UK
Walmart: USA | CAN
Target | Kmart | Barnes & Noble

#2 justafrog

justafrog

BRICKFOLIO MANAGER

• Members
  • 2322 posts
United States - US

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:34 AM

Awesome news, this would be my new favorite theme if it happened.

Nothing to see here.

#3 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

BRICKFOLIO MANAGER

• Members
  • 2365 posts
United Kingdom - GB

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

Now the race starts for the best TARDIS or Dalek?

There are 10 types of Lego investor, those that understand binary and those that don't.

The impossible I do at once, miracles take at least half a nanosecond.

#4 Alpinemaps

Alpinemaps

BRICKFOLIO MANAGER

• Members+
  • 1916 posts
United States - US

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

This was at the top of my "what license do you want to see" list.

#5 brickcrazyhouse

brickcrazyhouse

BRICK ANALYST

• Members
  • 1280 posts
United States - US

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

would need cyberman, weeping angels and sontarans.  

#6 brandon90820

brandon90820

BRICK BROKER

• Members
  • 210 posts
United States - US

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

I just submitted my my Doctor WHO Cuusoo project! Hope everyone likes it! http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/59463

#7 DoNotInsertIntoMouth

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

CHIEF BRICK OFFICER

• Members
  • 8344 posts
United States - US

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

Wife peed her pants at work. Supported

#8 nigh

nigh

BRICKPICKER

• Members
  • 6 posts
Canada - CA

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

One already has over 9000 supporters!

#9 StompingFreak

StompingFreak

BRICK TROLLER

• Members
  • 326 posts
United Kingdom - GB

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

Lego has just updated their "License Conflicts and Resolutions" page and it stipulates that any submitted project related to the Doctor Who property will be accepted for possible review in the future if and when it achieves the required supporter milestone. Of course this does not guarantee a single thing but given many of us now have a Back to the Future Delorean sitting on a shelf with a space beside it awaiting the upcoming Ghostbusters Ecto-1 car, the chance of also having a small Tardis does not appear to be that farfetched of a concept, does it?
Via The Brick Fan

Would be nice, but if you read my other posts, it won't happen. CB signed for products till 2025.  Stomping

brickfolio_badge_1_0f8b3479-fd4f-11e2-8e

#10 TheOrcKing

TheOrcKing

CHAIRMAN OF THE BRICK

• Moderators
  • 11901 posts
United States - US

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:51 AM

Would be nice, but if you read my other posts, it won't happen. CB signed for products till 2025. Stomping

I did look up to find some of the stuff Character Building is coming out with this year for Doctor Who including a figure based on the latest Doctor. I can only surmise that although they still have the license; CB may have lost certain exclusive rights to the brand allowing a possibility for another company such as Lego to release items based on the TV series.

Anyway, the CUUSOO project submitted by GlenBricker and Kaminoan has hit the full support milestone and received an official comment by Lego. I only posted the beginning paragraph since the rest is the usual 'song and dance' filler as with every other official congratulatory statement they leave behind.
Via The Brick Fan

Congratulations, GlenBricker and Kaminoan on reaching 10,000 supporters on LEGO CUUSOO! You’ve presented a very nice TARDIS exterior and interior playset, and an assortment of characters from which to choose. We’re looking forward to considering this project in the LEGO Review, but for now excuse us while we go make an electroshock device … just in case this really IS a Nestene plot to take over the world via a toy factory! We now officially advance this project to the Review phase.

thumb640x360.png

Tis' not what you are that defines who you are, it is what you do.
brickfolio_badge_1_8ea72254-e983-11e2-a8

Please support Brickpicker by clicking on one of the affiliated links below before making a purchase.
Amazon: USA | CAN | UK | DEU | FRA | ITA | ESP
Shop-at-Home: USA | CAN | UK
Walmart: USA | CAN
Target | Kmart | Barnes & Noble

#11 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

BRICKFOLIO MANAGER

• Members
  • 2365 posts
United Kingdom - GB

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:11 AM

I'm really looking forward to a UCS TARDIS & Dalek assuming it happens.  This theme will be HUGE in the UK and the #1 Xmas flip I think.

There are 10 types of Lego investor, those that understand binary and those that don't.

The impossible I do at once, miracles take at least half a nanosecond.

#12 brickcrazyhouse

brickcrazyhouse

BRICK ANALYST

• Members
  • 1280 posts
United States - US

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

'LEGO IDEAS / CUUSOO' Statistics

Recent Posts

Recent Topics

Brickpicker Advertisers (Click the banners below to help support Brickpicker.com)