jaisonline

BRICKFOLIO MANAGER

• Members
  • 2267 posts
United States - US

User's Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

http://shop.lego.com...Listing=listing

too bad about the high price and excluding track. this set looks to be a winner especially if it stays as a true lego exclusive.

while people love buying lego trains, they like it better buying everything at once (power functions, track, the train, etc...)

Attached Files

Thanks,
Ja Is Online

#2 hepcatpunk

hepcatpunk

BRICKULATOR

• Members
  • 562 posts
United States - US

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

Strange they wouldn't include at least some track at that price.

brickfolio_badge_1_9000e511-e983-11e2-a8

#3 MartinP

MartinP

BRICK TRADER

• Deal Hunter
  • 3094 posts
United States - US

User's Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

Couldn't find this set on brickset. The closest match I found looks very similar, but it was only released in the UK. Here is a link.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!
Ignem Mittere in Terram!
I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD!

#4 willy431

willy431

BRICK ANALYST

• Members
  • 1300 posts
United States - US

User's Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

I didn't even realize the regular one wasn't powered.  What is the point of that---129 to look at a Model of train with no power and no track?

#5 rcdb1984

rcdb1984

BRICK ADVISOR

• Members
  • 813 posts
United States - US

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

I posted about this earlier today. I was wondering the same thing.  I gather it came out today, or sometime recently.  Wondering if worth it with that price tag.

#6 ppsagehen

ppsagehen

BRICK BROKER

• Members
  • 193 posts
United States - US

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

"while people love buying lego trains"

Why did I see a 'white' when I was reading that? need to get my glasses checked.

#7 Rich B

Rich B

BRICKFOLIO MANAGER

• Members
  • 1909 posts
United States - US

User's Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

will431, the train is going to be roughly $129 whether you buy it in the kit or not.  You can still power the regular $129 HE with the same elements they use in the kit, and it's going to end up costing you roughly the same buying it all separate as it would buying it altogether in the kit.  It's no different than the Maersk or Emerald Night trains.

#8 willy431

willy431

BRICK ANALYST

• Members
  • 1300 posts
United States - US

User's Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

Understood....I guess what I don't understand is his the new passenger and cargo trains come with power for so cheap..as compared to this one.

Put simpler...if I bought a horizon for 129 and a passenger for 85 (uk deal...could I simply take the power items from the passenger set, throw the train in the trash---and them to a regular horizon--and still be cheaper than this powered horizon set? Or are the power parts not the same?

#9 jkris53406

jkris53406

BRICKPICKER

• Members
  • 89 posts
United States - US

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

I got an email from Lego earlier yesterday with all the new sets that came out on the first. This was one of them, but the price is fairly high to me. The Parisian restaurant is also in there but shows available Jan 1.

#10 gregpj

gregpj

BRICK TROLLER

• Members
  • 392 posts
Canada - CA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

Understood....I guess what I don't understand is his the new passenger and cargo trains come with power for so cheap..as compared to this one.

Put simpler...if I bought a horizon for 129 and a passenger for 85 (uk deal...could I simply take the power items from the passenger set, throw the train in the trash---and them to a regular horizon--and still be cheaper than this powered horizon set? Or are the power parts not the same?

One of the big differences is that the regular trains come with a 6 AAA battery box (http://www.brickpick...cfm?set=88000-1) vs the kit as described comes with the LI-ION rechargeable battery box (http://www.brickpick....cfm?set=8878-1). And yes, the transformer to charge that battery box is extra (http://www.brickpick....cfm?set=8887-1).

$13 vs $75

#11 willy431

willy431

BRICK ANALYST

• Members
  • 1300 posts
United States - US

User's Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

Thank you for the great info!

#12 TheOrcKing

TheOrcKing

CHIEF BRICK OFFICER

• Moderators
  • 9253 posts
United States - US

User's Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

I remember seeing this Horizon Express Kit available shortly after the original set was. Pricy as heck but we do love our trains, don't we? :)

Tis’ not what you are that makes you who you are, it is what you do.
Posted Image

#13 MartinP

MartinP

BRICK TRADER

• Deal Hunter
  • 3094 posts
United States - US

User's Awards

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

I remember seeing this Horizon Express Kit available shortly after the original set was. Pricy as heck but we do love our trains, don't we? :)

We do love out trains. Reminds me of a friend who is a train enthusiast who like Lego sets, and has a lot of model trains but not one Lego train.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!
Ignem Mittere in Terram!
I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD!

#14 lowillsw

lowillsw

BRICK ADVISOR

• Members
  • 882 posts
United States - US

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Not sure about investing at that price point. The 50% of the cost is in technology. I rather scale in with the train by itself.

'Trains' Statistics

Recent Posts

Recent Topics

Brickpicker Advertisers (Click the banners below to help support Brickpicker.com)